maandag 7 maart 2011

Embossed Overlay Tutorial

Step #1 - Open a file in the size that you wish to use, add a shape or text if you prefer and rasterize.
Step #2- Go to your layer styles menu and choose "Bevel and Emboss"
In the drop down style menu choose "Emboss"
You can play around with your settings to achieve something that you like or you can use the same settings as I did:

Here is what the shape looks like after I applied the style:
Then you can just create your background tile as you normally would!
I arranged mine like this and with a transparent background, then went to edit "Define Pattern".  The pattern will then be in your patterns menu and you can use your flood fill tool to add it to your 3600x3600 background or whatever else you wish to make.  I used blend & overlay on the example below.
Add some texture if you would like and save!

I created a little pack of the overlays for you to use if you would like,
they can be used for personal or commercial use.

Time for me to run and get ready so that we can head out to the game store in just a bit.  As always, leave comments here if there is anything in particular that you'd like to know or learn in future posts!


(I hope that you have a wonderful day and a blessed week ahead!)
 
(Connie Prince)

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten